- Reputation You Can Trust - More than 118,000 merchants trust Authorize.Net to manage their payment transactions. We are one of the largest payment gateway services and are experienced at handling millions of transactions securely and reliably.
- Customer Support - Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. That's why we provide free customer support seven days a week via toll-free telephone, e-mail and online chat. Representatives are available from 6 AM to 6 PM Pacific time.
Authorize.Net services are sold through an extensive network of reseller partners including Independent Sales Organizations (ISOs), Merchant Service Providers (MSPs) and financial institutions that offer the company's industry leading payment services to their merchant customers.
Authorize.Net's merchants encompass a wide variety of business industries: information, communication, government, sports, religion, education, gourmet foods and many others. They sell their products on the Internet, in retail stores, by mail order/telephone order and via mobile POS devices. Regardless of their business model, our merchants benefit by providing their customers with convenient, secure and reliable payment options.
- November 1996 - Authorize.Net is founded in Provo, UT.
- March 1997 - Authorize.Net launches the eCheck.Net service.
- September 1997 - Authorize.Net partners with its first reseller, U.S. Merchant Systems, initiating its world class reseller channel.
- December 1998 - Authorize.Net surpasses 10,000 active merchants.
- March 2001 - Authorize.Net surpasses 50,000 active merchants.
- September 2001 - Authorize.Net partners with Wells Fargo to launch SecureSource®, providing merchants with a merchant account and payment gateway account in one step.
- September 2002 - Authorize.Net adds the New York Times Digital and the University of California to its growing list of blue chip merchants
- January 2003 - Authorize.Net surpasses 75,000 active merchants.
- September 2003 - Authorize.Net announces the release of Automated Recurring Billing.
- December 2003 - Authorize.Net is certified as compliant with Visa's Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP).
- April 2004 - Authorize.Net announces support for card-present transactions.
- April 2004 - Authorize.Net announces the release of Fraud Detection Suite.
- July 2004 - Authorize.Net surpasses 100,000 active merchants.
- December 2004 - Authorize.Net processes 1,000,000 transactions in a 24-hour period.
- March 2005 - Authorize.Net president, Roy Banks, is elected to the Electronic Transaction Association (ETA) Board of Directors