When we bought our home around 29 years ago I bought an entire suite of GE appliances I’ve had to replace the dishwasher several times but this was the original stove and fridge. The main reasons I bought these were I trust the name GE and it was the biggest fridge that I could fit in the available open space. Long story short I had no trouble in all those years but there was a power surge after a storm and it did take out the board on my 29-year-old fridge so naturally I tried to replace it with the same thing which and behold was available are greatly updated but I trust the product. Today I ordered the new stainless steel stove to go with it. That’s the original stove you’ll see in the picture.
Model fit perfectly in our space and definitely elevated the look in our kitchen. Has all the features we wanted with a super clean look.
I love the fridge. It’s just the right size for one person. The freezer is a little small
The stainless steel refrigerator is almost the exact same size as our previous GE refrigerator. For that we’re thankful as it can fit into a narrow space.
People at the Warrendale appliance store, a local Store in Waltham MA, did a great job in all areas including sales, service, and delivery.
However, GE cut out options on this refrigerator compared to my old one from two decades ago to save a few Penny’s. GE did not include a large rack and draw for Deli meats etc. Resulting in a rather large, useless hole/space in middle of refrigerator! Additionally, they cut out shelf space on the freezer door.
Lastly, the on/off switch for ice cubes seems fragile. Otherwise, if we can keep the refrigerator for several years it will be a good investment like the last one!
• Never Clean Condenser
• Actual Temperature Display
• Upfront Electronic Touch Temperature Controls
• Integrated Shelf Support System
• Interior Lighting - Dual Level
• Interior Storage Drawers
• Fresh Food Cabinet Shelves: 2 Slide-Out, 3 Adjustable, 3 Spill Proof (4 Total - Glass)
• Fresh Food Door Bins: 2 Adjustable with Gallon Storage, 2 Fixed (4 Total)
• Dairy Compartment
• Multi-Level Drawers
• Freezer Cabinet Shelf Features: Sweet Spot Shelf - 1/2 Fixed
• Freezer Door Bins: 2 Adjustable (4 Total)
• Freezer Storage Baskets: 1 Slide-Out (1 Total)
• GE Water Filtration (XWFE Filter)
• Cubes, Crushed Ice and Chilled Water
• 60 Hz
• 15 A
• Width with Door Open 90 Degrees Less Handle: 38.25 in
• Back Air Clearances: 2.0 in
• Side Air Clearances: 0.125 in
• Top Air Clearances: 1.0 in